Arugula greens are beautiful in a salad bringing it to life with it’s spicy peppery bite to it’s flavour. It traditionally pairs really well elements such as strawberries and pears in a salad, which is why I decided to add a sweet maple syrup to this dressing.
This salad is quick and easy to throw together. You can easily use other ingredients that you have on hand. I always have fresh herbs growing in the garden, so it’s really nice to add some freshly chopped herbs into the mix. Today I chose dill and parsley, but you could use others that you like.
Play around with different combinations of fruit& veggie, herbs, nut & seed combinations, and have fun with it!
Arugula Maple Tahini Salad
- arugula greens
- cucumber, sliced in half moons
- yellow bell pepper, julienned
- avocado, small cubes
- fresh dill & parsley (about 1 tsp. of each for a small salad)
- sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds sprinkled on top
Dressing (makes roughly 2 servings):
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup or more, to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or jar with lid, and blend or shake until combined.
- Add all ingredients of salad to a bowl, toss to combine. Drizzle dressing on top. Enjoy!