This here is one of my favourite snacks to throw together really quick – a delicious and creamy hummus!
You can dip fresh cut vegetables in it, scoop it up with some crackers or corn chips, spread it on toast, add it to a grain bowl, or spread it on a wrap.
You can spice up this simple recipe as well, by adding either fresh chopped dill, fresh chopped parsley, blending in cayenne or jalapeño, and more. The options are endless! I hope you enjoy this.
Classic Chickpea Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- dash paprika and olive oil to garnish
- Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor, and process until smooth. Add more water as needed until desired consistency. Add olive oil last and blend again. Should be a thick creamy consistency.
- Add hummus to a bowl, and top with a bit of drizzled olive and sprinkled paprika.
- Serve with chopped vegetables or crackers.