This “Cheesy” Broccoli Soup was created while trying out Core and Rind‘s Cashew Cheese sauce. The owner’s of this brilliant company, Candi and Rita, are Culinary Nutrition Experts like me! After attending the Academy of Culinary Nutrition they launched this completely plant-based line of cheesy sauces in the US, and as of November 30, 2020, they are launching into Canada! Yay!
Their products will be sold in various stores across Canada including The Big Carrot, Well.ca, Healthy Planet, Pusateri’s, and Amazon.ca. To stay up to date as to when the stores will start selling their product, it is best to sign up to Core and Rind’s newsletter here.
When Core and Rind said they were sending me samples, I immediately knew I wanted to incorporate one into a soup.
Cheese and Broccoli came to mind immediately. I wanted to make sure I could re-create the “thickness” of a traditional cheesy soup, so I incorporated blended cauliflower and beans. If you have an aversion to beans you could leave them out.
I chose to use the Sharp & Tangy flavour in this soup, but any of the other’s would work just as well! The other flavours are: Bold & Spicy, and Rich & Smoky.
I hope you love this soup just as much as I did! The entire family approved.
“Cheesy” Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
- Large Soup Pot
- Food processor
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 19 oz. can white beans I used cannellini
- 1 cup Core and Rind Sharp & Tangy Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlice, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli
- sea salt or Herbamere, to taste
- Steam cauliflower until soft (approximately 10 minutes)
- Drain and rinse white beans.
- Add cauloflower and white beans to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add Core and Rind's Sharp & Tangy Cashew Cheese Sauce to the food processor and blend until fully combined.
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil. Once heated up, add the garlic and saute for a minute, stirring often.
- Add onion, celery and carrots to the pot, and continue to saute until onions translucent and carrots were soft.
- Add broth and broccoli. Summer until broccoli is tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add the califlower cheese mixture from the food processor into the pot. Stir to combine.
- Taste and season.