I recently posted this Strawberry Banana Muffin picture on my Instagram account, and I was instantly getting messages to my inbox asking for the recipe. So here it is!
Imagine that delicious smell of fresh banana bread, paired with fragrant notes of cinnamon and nutmeg, and then bursts of sweet strawberry pieces. Mmmmm yum! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.
Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking poweder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 large bananas, mashed into a puree
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together (except for the strawberry pieces). Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the strawberry pieces, reserving about 1/4 cup so you can place them on top as more of a garnish.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full. Top each one with some of the leftover strawberry pieces.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the tops and edges are dry and browned. Remove and let cool in the pan.