My favourite thing to make and stock the fridge with all winter long are hearty soups.
If you’re looking for that delicious savoury flavour of roasted vegetables put into a warm and comforting soup that’s easy on the tummy, than this recipe is for you! There are no thickeners or dairy used to make this soup thick and creamy… it’s just blended veggies! With a subtle hint of thyme, this soup will intrigue your senses!
Roasted Cauliflower Vegetable Soup
- Stock Pot
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp dry thyme
- dash olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, whole and peeled
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- handful green beans
- 2-3 stalks of kale, de-stemmed and sliced into small pieces
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2-1 lemon, juiced, to taste
- sea salt or Herbamere, to taste
- optional black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Prepare 2 large cookie sheets, lining them with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, toss the yellow onion in a tiny bit of olive oil until lightly coated. Lay out on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat step 3 with the carrots, celery, cauliflower, sweet potato, green beans, and garlic cloves. Lay each of the vegetables out on the cookie sheets – making sure to keep the green beans in their own section where they can easily be removed from the rest of the veggies after roasting.
- Sprinkle the thyme over the vegetables.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 20 minutes. Keep checking the veggies for doneness.(Sometimes the sweet potato cooks much faster than the rest of the veggies –you can remove different vegetables from the tray if they seem done before the others are).
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, remove from oven. Remove the green beans from the tray, chop into bite size (1-inch pieces) and set aside.
- In a large soup pot add 1 tsp. olive oil, and the minced ginger. Lightly sauté for about 1 minute.
- Chop the garlic cloves and add to the pot, letting them sauce for about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth to the pot. Add all of the roasted vegetables (except the green beans). Stir to combine.
- Using a blender, scoop out half of the soup (broth & veggies), and add to the blender. Puree half of the soup in the blender until well combined. Add this puree back to the pot with the rest of the stock and veggies. Add the green beans and kale strips.Stir to combine
- Add about 1/2 tbsp. or more to taste of Herbamere. If you like pepper, add a few dashes in.
- Simmer for abut 10minutes.
- Add the juice from1/2- 1 lemon, to taste. This helps give the flavour of the soup a nice fresh pop. You can add as much lemon as you want as you play around with this soup.
- Serve and enjoy!